Hi Everyone, We hope everyone is safe and well in these interesting times. Unfortunately the Presentation and AGM will not happen on the 3rd of May. The AGM will have to occur at a later date and we will need your support going forward into the 2020-2021 season to form a committee. A number of the committee will not be returning, and some of the committee have older kids who will be finishing in the next few years. It is a good time start the transition over the next two seasons to ensure Helensburgh Little A’s continues. So we need your help.
Now for the presentation. We will do the presentation online. It will be via Facebook posts during the scheduled time when we would have had the presentation (3rd May – 2pm). It will be a bit different, but it is the best we can do.
Where possible we are going to deliver trophies and other awards. It will happen over a period of time, so please be patient.
Following the awards an email copy of the annual report will be made available.
NSW Little A’s have advised that the State Championships are cancelled.
Official release on website..
Little A’s is cancelled tonight. Council have closed the oval due to the rain over the last 7 days.
Regarding the conditions of our track, it was cut Tuesday in attempt to dry it out. Unfortunately the storm yesterday morning didnt help. A track inspection last night showed there was still surface water, the 100m start to the 70m was wet with water coming out of the ground when you stepped on it. Likewise the top of the bend to the start of the home straight.
We were hoping a sunny day today would remove some of the water.
We look forward to seeing everyone next week for club championships.
Unfortunately we have decided to cancel tonight’s competition due to the track condition and wet weather, with more coming.
We will look at next week’s program and see what can be done to do some make up events. The following week, 21/2 is club championships. More info soon.
If you want to compete, Illawong LAC and Port Hacking LAC are still running at this stage. You would need to check their facebook pages. All others have cancelled due to council closing the ovals.
Friday 31/1 – Little A’s at the Oval – setup from 5pm for 6pm start.
If your competing at Region, you have the night off.
Saturday 2/1 & Sunday 2/2 – Region carnival at Barden Ridge.
Information for Region
Information for Region this weekend.
Just a few additional points.
– Weather will play its part this weekend. If there is any impact, Facebook, Team App , (and may be email) will be used to keep you updated as well as ground announcing.
– Make sure you have plenty of drinks, sunscreen and a rain jacket for sunday.
– We will be located down near the 100m start. It is the big grass area, so the kids can play and warm up.
– If you do not sign up for a duty you will be expected to help out with a field event when they are called. We will be getting a report on who helped. Note this may impact end of season results if a valid attempt isn’t made.
Region Cheat Sheet –> https://assets.sportstg.com/…/4DA8010C-A359-5B31-4B680A3F3F…
Region Program –> https://assets.sportstg.com/…/4DB1A659-C13F-BA3B-1902F9EADA…
Live Results –> http://www.littlearesults.com/Region8/
Signon roster -> https://signup.com/client/invitation2/secure/3143350/false…
Little A’s is cancelled tonight due to rain and athlete safety.
Competition resumes on 17th January at 5.45pm (set up from 5pm). This is an additional date to allow kids to prepare for Region
No Competition on the 24th of January, but there is an invitational meet at Sutherland LAC at 7.45am – Waratah Oval Sutherland on the 25th of January.
31st January – competition for kids not competing at Region
6th February – Normal competition resumes.
21st February is Championship night (details to follow).
1. Air Quality. The event will be run with the health of the athlete’s the priority. At this stage the program will run in its published format, but changes can be applied if there is a need. These will be announced and published as soon as possible.
2. Please make sure your Number, AGE Patch and Coles patches are on the uniform. If not the child will be rejected at call room until its corrected.
3. All events except the first field event go via the Call Room (located around near the baseball field end.). Please be at the track approx 60mins before your event.
4. It is planned to have the marquee near the 100m start. .
5. TeamApp is in use for this weekend. It has direct links to live results, the program and other supporting information.
6. Top 6 automatically qualify for region. The next best 4 performances from our zone and Inner City will progress.
7. Parent duty.. those signed up and those who can help out at the field events when called by the chief.
8. Important Links
The program : http://assets.sportstg.com/…/AD53AA48-5056-BD5F-F83A3976C5F…
Live Results : http://www.littlearesults.com/SMZ/
Zone Information sheet:
Please find a link to the full Zone Program for 2019
Zone Nominations now available. They will close 1st of November.
www.resultshq.com.au – under Nominations – Southern Met zone.
Parent Helper Duty –> https://signup.com/go/wSDuRXk
Cost is $20 to enter.